1. Appointment Cancellation
24 Hour Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment please do so 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment. If your appointment is canceled with out just cause, you will be charged $50 for the groom that you. missed. We do require a CC on file. We will ask for this during booking your appointment.
2. Please take your pet to do its “business” before their appointment (sometimes the car ride jiggles something loose). Once you park your car please take them for a walk around the building. There is a clean-up station in front of our salon.
They may naturally be nervous in a new environment with new people, pets, and smells. We do our utmost to provide your pet with a safe and comfortable environment while getting them in and out to be “Beautified” in a reasonable time frame. Conducting “business” before grooming also saves you “re-bathe” fees (50% of your normal bath fee) associated with having to bathe/blow-dry a pet who has had a “business” accident waiting for parent pick-up. Thank you for your understanding.
3. All dogs must show proof of rabies vaccination at the time of 1st groom appointment, Per Maine State law.
4. All dogs must be on a Vet approved flea and tick prevention. We have several dogs in our care per day and need to make sure everyone stays pest-free.
5. All dogs must be on a leash, and your dog must remain on a leash. We DO NOT ALLOW retractable leashes in our salon. Why? We are on a very busy road, and safety is our number 1 concern.
6. First-time groom customers are required to complete a 5-10 minute groomer consultation.
7. We understand the challenges of getting to appointments on time, but to better serve our other clients, we need to reschedule your appointment if you’re more than 20 minutes late and you will be charged the $50 cancellation fee.
8. We DO NOT discount for at-home bathing or grooming. You will be charged the full grooming price, and your dog WILL BE re-bathed. Just like any hair salon we here at Dog-a-holick have standards, and will only turn out a professional groom, this includes bathing your dog.